Sligo, Kilkenny, Cork, Athlone, Limerick, Galway and Dublin
As part of our ongoing support for Good Governance in the Community and Voluntary sector, Carmichael Centre strongly recommends adoption of the Governance Code. To assist with this process, Pobal has commissioned a Governance Code Training Programme in the form of a series of one-day governance training sessions taking place around the country. Facilitated by Boardmatch Ireland, Carmichael Centre and The Wheel, each session will provide participants with an understanding of good governance, the practical steps needed for...
This weekend I finally got round to spending some time in my garden digging, weeding, cleaning up and generally getting the garden ready for new growth. We are already at the end of February and it was long overdue work. It is a task I kept putting off. But I know that for a little work now, the garden will reap the benefits throughout the year.
Likewise with our Boards, regular spring cleans will do wonders for its effectiveness. The following seven signs will help you decide if your Board is in need of some weeding, cleaning up and fertilising.
1. Do we need to clear some deadwood?
Gardening is about giving plants the food and space to flourish. Our boards also need to be given the opportunity to flourish and renew. Sometimes board members stay on too long. Their...
We are an organisation that is neither a registered charity nor a company limited by guarantee. How will we register with the new charities regulator?
Although this process has not been set up yet, the following details as outlined in the Charities Act 2009 will be required with applications from organisations that are not already registered with the revenue commissioners or the companies registration office.
Section 39. An application shall—
- specify the name of the charitable organisation and its principal place of business in that EEA state,
- specify the names of the charity trustees and the addresses at which they ordinarily reside,
- specify the places where the charitable organisation operates or carries on its activities or proposes to operate or carry on its activities (including places outside the State),
- contain particulars of all bank accounts of the charitable organisation,...